Previous Address If At Current Address Less Than Two Years
How did you happen to contact us?
List all employment since leaving high school, starting with your most recent position. Also, include any volunteer work which relates to the job for which you are applying. If you were unemployed for any period, state the nature of your activities excluding any further education activities. Please complete this section thoroughly.
1. I declare this completed application for employment to be a complete and truthful statement of all facts requested and understand that any misstatement, omission of fact, or misleading information on this application or in my interview may result in a refusal to hire, or if employed, may subject me to discharge at any time after its discovery. In addition, in consideration of my employment, I agree to conform and adhere to the rules, regulations, policies, and practices of Bates Electric.
2. I authorize Bates Electric and its designated representatives to investigate my background and all representations made by me during my application. I agree to have references and credit investigations with the knowledge that this is to become part of my employee record. I understand that Bates Electric may request a review of police and/or FBI records concerning me. I hereby authorize my former employers and references named to furnish any information concerning me and release and hold harmless such former employers from any and all liabilities or damages of any nature because of furnishing such information. I agree to disclose, prior to my employment with Bates Electric, any current secondary employment and/or ‘side jobs’ and understand I must request approval to maintain any secondary employment and/or ‘side jobs in accordance with the Employment Policy of Bates Electric. I release Bates Electric from any and all liability for investigating my background, obtaining information regarding my application and utilizing the information in consideration of my Application for Employment.
3. I authorize the release of my educational transcripts to Bates Electric for purposed of employment review.
4. I understand that if I am offered employment by Bates Electric, my employment will be “at-will” meaning that at all times I remain free to terminate my employment with or without cause and with or without notice, although Bates Electric requests two weeks advance notice likewise, Bates Electric will be free to terminate my employment at any time with or without cause and with or without advance notice and without liability for wages or salary except such earned at the date of such termination. I also understand that “at-will” status cannot be altered except by an individual employment agreement signed by the CEO and President of Bates Electric.
5. I agree that if upon termination of my employment I have loans and/or other obligations to Bates Electric or any of its affiliates, that my salary, vacation pay or other payments due to me (e.g. payments due from Bates Electric sponsored employee insurance programs) may be used to repay those obligations, to the maximum extent permitted by law.
6. I understand that I have an obligation to inform the Human Resources Department of Bates Electric of any changes such as phone number, address, marital status, etc. I understand I am responsible for submitting revisions to this application as needed in order to maintain the completeness and accuracy of the information.
7. I understand that I may be asked to take a polygraph test and/or have additional credit investigations run during my employment with Bates Electric.
8. I understand that if I receive an offer of employment I may be asked to undergo a pre-employment physical exam and drug/alcohol screen prior to my employment with Bates Electric in accordance with Bates Electric’s hiring and drug/alcohol testing policies. I understand Bates Electric’s drug/alcohol policy is inclusive of a random drug/alcohol testing program and during the course of my employment I may be called upon to participate in a random drug/alcohol screen, In addition, I may be asked to take a complete physical examination and/or drug/alcohol screen during my employment at the option of Bates Electric, at no personal expense. I also agree that the examining physician and/or facility may disclose as permitted by applicable law to Bates Electric or its designated representatives the results of such examination and/or screening. I understand that my continued employment may be conditioned on the findings of this examination and/or screening, if requested. Also, I understand that it is the policy of Bates Electric to immediately dismiss anyone found to be using, possessing or under the influence of controlled substances, or illegal drugs in the workplace. I understand that if considered for employment I will not be hired until I have successfully passed a pre-employment physical and drug/alcohol screen. I understand my continued employment may be conditioned on the results of the random drug/alcohol testing program.
9. I understand my application will be maintained in an applicant pool at Bates Electric for a period of 90 days. After 90 days, my application will be considered “in-active” and will no longer be considered or evaluated for potential job openings.
10. I understand that I must disclose all contracts/agreements made between myself and Bates Electric or its designates at this time. Such contacts/agreements must be in writing and in accordance with Bates Electric policy and signed by the CEO and President of Bates Electric to be valid failure to disclose this information at this time will render the agreement invalid. (Please attach such contracts/agreements if applicable.)
We appreciate your interest in Bates Electric, Inc. Upon receipt of your resume, it will be reviewed by a member of our Human Resources Department. Should your credentials meet our qualifications, you will be contacted for an initial interview. Your information will be retained by Bates Electric for 90 days.
Bates Electric, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer - M/F/D/V